Search this blog

A Nest in the Forest



This summer I went with my best friend and Willow (snoutyhound) to a stunning forest and we spent a few days bivvying.

After a lovely evening and a peaceful nights sleep I was woken, very early, by a fast thudding noise. From the comfort of my sleeping bag I peeked over to where the noise was coming from and about 100m away from our nest there was a large, dark brown, native Pony in full gallop along the stream. After galloping full pelt in one direction it stopped, made a crazy sound and galloped back in the direction it had come from. This was all lit by blades of sunrise breaking through the trees and given intensity by a light morning mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Remember...

'Is it kind, is it necessary'?

Related Posts with Thumbnails