For one main meal portion -
- half a tin of chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- small tin of sweetcorn - drained
- half a pack of haloumi - chopped into thumb sized cubes
- 1 small onion - sliced as thinly as possible
- 1 large tomato - chopped roughly and the seeds removed (if you like!)
- juice of half a lime
- handful of fresh coriander chopped finely-ish
- large pinch of cumin
- large pinch of ground sea salt
- a couple of glugs olive oil
- mixed green leaves - lots
Put the onion and tomatoes in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and stir. Leave for about 15mins.
In the meantime fry the haloumi in a very, very small amount of oil (best in a non stick pan) until it is a dark golden brown on at least two sides, then add the chick peas to the pan with the cheese to warm them through.
Mix everything together in a huge bowl (that's all the ingredients). Serve it mixed with lots of green leaves and hot garlic bread (the olive oil kind not the buttery kind!).