· Firmly establish your intention to live your life for the healing of the world. Be conscious of it, honour it, nurture it every day.
· Be fully present in our time. Find the courage to breathe in the suffering of the world. Allow peace and healing to breathe out through you in return.
· Do not meet power on its own terms. See through to its real nature - mind and heart made. Lead your response from that level.
· Simplify. Clear away the dead wood in your life. Look for the heartwood and give it the first call on your time, the best of your energy.
· Put down the leaden burden of saving the world alone. Join with others of like mind. Align yourself with the forces of resolution.
· Hold in a single vision, in the same thought, the transformation of yourself and the transformation of the world. Live your life around that edge, always keeping it in sight.
· As a bird flies on two wings, balance outer activity with inner sustenance.
· Following your heart, realise your gifts. Cultivate them with diligence to offer knowledge and skill to the world.
· Train in non-violence of body, speech and mind. With great patience to yourself, learn to make beautiful each action, word and thought.
· In the crucible of meditation, bring forth day by day into your own heart the treasury of compassion, wisdom and courage for which the world longs.
· Sit with hatred until you feel the fear beneath it. Sit with fear until you feel the compassion beneath that.Do not set your heart on particular results. Enjoy positive action for its own sake and rest confident that it will bear fruit.
· When you see violence, greed and narrow-mindedness in the fullness of its power, walk straight into the heart of it, remaining open to the sky and in touch with the earth.
· Staying open, staying grounded, remember that you are the inheritor of the strengths of thousands of generations of life.
· Staying open, staying grounded, recall that the thankful prayers of future generations are silently with you.
· Staying open, staying grounded, be confident in the magic and power that arise when people come together in a great cause.
· Staying open, staying grounded, know that the deep forces of Nature will emerge to the aid of those who defend the Earth.
· Staying open, staying grounded, have faith that the higher forces of wisdom and compassion will manifest through our actions for the healing of the world.
· When you see weapons of hate, disarm them with love.When you see armies of greed, meet them in the spirit of sharing.When you see fortresses of narrow-mindedness, breach them with truth.When you find yourself enshrouded in dark clouds of dread, dispel them with fearlessness.When forces of power seek to isolate us from each other, reach out with joy.
· In it all and through it all, holding to your intention, let go into the music of life. Dance!
by John Wigham / Akuppa